The Events Committee supports the development and successful operation of a program to facilitate the planning, scheduling, organisation, officiating and hosting of national taekwondo competitions at all levels.
This Committee works with other relevant committees towards a complementary and consistent approach to running of national, international and selection events for the benefit and enjoyment of athletes, officials and members.
The work of the Committee is fully aligned with the goals of Australian Taekwondo as identified from time to time in the approved Strategic Plan. The Committee has responsibility for making recommendations to the Board in the following areas:
- Issue Expression of Interest for states and territories to submit proposals to host national events.
- Solicit and evaluate competing proposals from states and territories to host events and provide recommendations to the Board for selection of a host state/territory.
- Evaluate any proposed variations in format, procedures, content or fees for any event which may affect the quality or success of the event, and make risk assessment recommendations to the Board as appropriate.
- In accordance with the national calendar, stage high quality taekwondo events on time and budget.
- Critically analyse completed events to ensure the competition structure meets the requirements of best practice in the provision of competition outcomes and overall value to the Company and members’ expectations.
- Establish and maintain an Events Handbook with procedures and guidelines for planning and conducting events. Document the challenges and lessons learned after each event and integrate lessons learned from the analysis within 90 days of the completion of the event.
- Develop/ review/ revise the Committee’s operating plan for approval by the Board.
- Provide quarterly reports to the Board in relation to performance and achievement of agreed goals, and
- Provide a follow up report on each event to assist the Board in evaluating the success of the completed event, planning for future events and determining future budgets.