The Kyorugi Coaching Committee is dedicated to serving in the best interests of Taekwondo in Australia through recommending measures to the Board which maximum opportunities for coaches to have clear pathways for continued development, and to maximise their potential for success through integrated state, national and international programs with specific attention to developing a high standard of coaching knowledge, experience and expertise within Australia.
The Committee has responsibility for making recommendations to the Board in the following areas:
- Development, administration and management of the Coach Education program.
- Ensure that all Australian Taekwondo members have access to the Coach Education program.
- Ensure fairness and clarity in skill development.
- Develop and maintain a high standard of education and training that will allow coaches to reach international standards.
- Ensure that Coaches understand their responsibilities to provide a safe and fair environment for all participants (including Child safety).
- Maintain portfolios of accredited coaches.
- Maintain accreditation under recognised and appropriate recognitation systems.
- Liaise with relevant bodies (WTF and OTU) to ensure that the Kyorugi Coach Education Program aligns with other programs.