The Para-Taekwondo Committee is a policy and program development committee that assists the Board by providing guidance and advice on policy and operations in relation to the Para-Taekwondo Program and how the program can continue to evolve to be best practice through continuous improvement.
The Committee has the responsibility for making recommendations to the Board in the following areas:
- Administration and management of Para-Taekwondo sport, athletes, officials, community development and education programs as an integrated part of Australian Taekwondo.
- Expansion, promotion and improvement of the Australian practice of Taekwondo among persons with an impairment based on the educational and cultural values of the sport teaching fair play and working for youth development.
- Ensure the appropriate representation of Para-Taekwondo exists at all levels of the organisation’s operations.
- Ensure a productive and collaborative relationship with appropriate committees, organisations and Para Committees including APC, AIS and WTF.
- Develop and maintain effective governance and reporting on all Para-Taekwondo projects and programs.
- Facilitate Board approved Para-Taekwondo projects, programs and events.
- Continuous monitoring and reporting on all processes and programs related to Para-Taekwondo.
- Prepresent the interests of all Para-Taekwondo and Deaf-Taekwondo participants and their families.
- Provide confidential support services for APC, athletes, officials, coaches and clubs in accordance with the directions of the Board.
- Maintain portfolios within the guidelines and expectations of the organisation.