The Poomsae Officiating Committee is dedicated to serving in the best interests of Taekwondo in Australia through recommending measures to the Board which maximum opportunities for officials to have clear pathways for continued development and to maximise their potential for success through integrated state, national and international programs with specific attention to developing a high standard of judging knowledge, experience and expertise within Australia.
The Committee has responsibility for making recommendations to the Board in the following areas:
- Administer and manage all judging training, qualifications and accreditations of Poomsae Judges.
- Maintain a register of Poomsae Judges' qualifications and accreditations.
- Ensure that accredited Poomsae Judges maintain their professional status through continuous education and officiating.
- Develop and maintain national Australian standards for Poomsae Judge training at all levels.
- Facilitate selection of Poomsae Judges for national level tournaments, national team selection tournaments and nominate Poomsae Judges for international level tournaments.
- Continually monitor updates of the WT competition rules and ensure these rules or those rules that are accepted as modified Australian competition rules are practiced and implemented.
- Standardise competition rules and interpretations across Australia, ensure that each State follows and adopts as the national standard the rules and interpretations as provided by the WT and disseminate the interpretation of the rules to coaches.
- Represent the interests of all Poomsae Judges and provide advice on strategic issues, competition rules and interpretations or any other appropriate Poomsae Judge matters.
- Provide confidential support services for Poomsae Judges in association with the Company and relevant committee.
- Maintain portfolios which will be co-ordinated by a member of the Committee:
- International liaison
- Poomsae Judge Education, Certification and Accreditation
- Poomsae Judge mentoring and retention
- Women in Poomsae Judging
- Marketing and Sponsorship