The Poomsae Performance Committee is dedicated to serving in the best interests of Taekwondo in Australia through recommending measures to the Board which maximise opportunities for athletes to have clear pathways for continued development and success through integrated state, nationals and international programs.
The Committee has the responsibility for making recommendations to the Board in the following areas:
- Consult broadly within the Taekwondo community to understand where their priorities lie in relation to the Poomsae Performance Program.
- Provide advice on the current performance of the Poomsae Performance Program and ways in which it can be improved.
- Provide assistance to the States/Territories and Coaching staff in the creation and maintenance of a National Poomase Performance Program.
- Provide assistance to the States/Territories, Coaching Staff and other stakeholders in the creation of a National Poomsae Performance Strategic Plan.
- Assist in all required areas of the National Poomsae Performance Program where Australian Taekwondo is responsible for it delivery.
- Liaise with affiliated State/Territory bodies in relation to their Poomsae Performance Programs’ links to national programs.
- Provide advice on initiatives aimed at providing professional development pathways for Athletes, Coaches and the overall development of the Poomsae Performance Program.
- Work with States/Territories, Coaches and key Clubs to develop strategies to promote Poomase and increase participation.
- Develop draft selection policies for Athletes, Coaches, support staff and other personal for the Board’s approval. Produce individual role and responsibility documents for key operational personnel within the scope of the Poomase Performance Program.
- Develop Codes of Conduct for Athletes and Coaches involved in all areas of the Poomsae Performance Program.
- In consultation with the States and Territories, Coaching Community, Athletes’ representatives and key interested Clubs, undertake a review of the Poomsae Performance Program annually – identifying strengths, issues and opportunities for improvement to the Program.